Shared Services RN On Call Coordinator - RN Job In Leawood, Kansas (KS)
back to search results
Vacancy has expired
| Job Ref: ||
| Industry: ||
| City: ||
| State: ||
| Employment Type: ||
| Employer: || Amedisys|
| Post Date: || 11/15/2013 |
| Job Description: ||
The Shared Services RN On Call Coordinator assumes accountability for the coordination and evaluation of patient care during designated on-call hours. This position is responsible for answering incoming telephone calls from patients/patientsâ€™ families and referral sources; making patient care decisions in response to telephone calls; coordinating and assigning visits to home care/Hospice providers which identifies as medically necessary to meet patientsâ€™ needs; and accepting reports from and responding to questions from home care/Hospice providers who are making visits.|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the company.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact States (NLC). Three (3) years experience as a Registered Nurse. One of those years must consist of full-time experience in providing direct patient care in the home health setting. Two (2) years home health experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules and regulations, ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates strong fiscal planning and management skills.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Popular industries: RN | Physical Therapy | RT | PTA | Nurse Practitioner | Other | Physician Assistant | OT | LPN | COTA | SLP | Management | Therapy | Sales | Administrative
Popular locations: California (CA) | Alaska (AK) | Arizona (AZ) | Florida (FL) | Hawaii (HI) | New York (NY) | New Jersey (NJ) | Alabama (AL) | Arkansas (AR) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | D.C. (DC) | Georgia (GA) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN)
Terms & Conditions